Say hello to WOO IM
The following guide will help you to set up WOO IM and provides detailed information about its functions.
Requirements for using the WOO IM App
In order to use WOO IM, your WooCommerce Shop must comply with the following requirements:
- Your shop must support HTTPS.
- The WooCommerce REST-API V3 must be enabled. The API is part of the current WooCommerce Installation.
- You`ll need an API Key with read/write permissions.
- For WOO IM Premium, Stock Management must be activated in the WooCommerce settings.
Go to the next article to learn how to prepare your WooCommerce Shop to access with the WOO IM App.
Enable the WooCommerce REST-API
Go to WooCommerce/Settings, choose the tab API.
- On the Settings view, check enable REST-API
- On the Keys/Apps view, click Add Key
- Enter key description, choose a User and grant read/write permission to the key
- By pressing generate key you will receive Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. Keep them ready for setting up a new Shop Account in the App.
IMPORTANT: Keep your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret in a safe place and do NOT share it with others! If you suspect your key is not a secret anymore, revoke the key in the API settings and generate a new one.
Provide your shop`s web address (URL), omit the https:// part according to this example:
example.com or www.example.com instad of https://www.example.com
WOO IM tries to connect to the Shop`s API (WooCommerce REST-API).
If the process was successful, you`ll be prompted to enter your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. Once the credentials are sucessfully validated, the Shop is automatically activated and added to the account list.
Go back to the start screen. Shop categories, products etc. will be updated automatically every time the start screen gets active.
Product variations of a parent product (variable products) will be displayed and treated as individual products. The same applies to grouped products. Variable and grouped products have different icons in the list view.
Tap the Availability-Symbol left to the product title. You`re prompted to confirm the change of the availability status.
Product is available
Product is NOT available
In case the product is not available, it will still be displayed in the shop but can NOT be added to the cart. This is of importance if you are, for example, advertising for this product. The link to the product is still valid and can be found. However it can NOT be purchased until it will be available again.
Tap on the row of the value you want to change. According to the status you`ll get the available options. The following changes can be made:
- (regular) price – Changes the regular price in the shop. (Note: The current price is read-only and depends on the regular price and the sale price.)
- SALE price – Starts or stops Sale. Indicate a lower price than the regular price to start Sale. On the prompt, tap stop to stop a sale and to activate the regular price again.
- Stock Management – Enables or disables Stock Management for a product. Changes Stock Management from parent product to variations optionally.
- Stock Quantity – Changes Stock Quantity. Enables Stockmanagement for a product automatically, if a quantity is indicated. Disables Stock Management on parent level and enables on product level automatically if required.
Tap the account in the account list to enter settings. Find the Server Request Timeout Settings. Depending on the amount of data to load and the capabilities of a server to respond more or less quickly, you may set a higher value than the standard five seconds to avoid failing requests.
Rise the timer in 5-seconds-steps until you get no more request failures. The higher you set the timer, the longer you have to wait until the timer stops a request.
If a server responds to a request, the app reacts immediately, even if the timer is set to a longer timeout. You`ll notice a long timer only if a server does not respond quick enough.
Your category Furniture contains a subcategory Wooden Furniture. In the category Furniture you also have Metal Furniture products, which are not listed in a subcategory. So you have Metal Furniture-Products and the category Wooden Furniture on the same level.
In this case you can force WOO IM to show products and subcategories on the same level. However, this jacks the need for data up (more data, longer to load) and is less overseeable than the default Show Products in Leaf Categories only.